Sunday, November 15, 2015

how to // host a successful friendsgiving

The holidays are just around the corner, which means holiday parties are also quickly approaching. I love a good party, especially if I'm the one hosting. The planning is one of my favorite things to do. With most of our friends spread out across the country, we try to get together and have an annual Friendsgiving and/or Friendsmas. We are hoping to all get together on Saturday, so I thought this would be a good time to share my plans for a successful Friendsgiving. 

DECORATING THE TABLE
Decorating this time of year really gets me into the holiday spirit. As much as I love decorating for Christmas, I refuse to dig out my decorations until after turkey day. Obviously any party related to Thanksgiving means food is of utmost importance. A good table scape can add to décor and make your home very inviting. My favorite colors for a Thanksgiving table are gold, white and neutral.


I love these round place mats from Bed Bath and Beyond, the shiny ones come in the color pictured above and red and are really festive. The non shiny ones come in several different colors and can be used year-round.


Alright, I'm a girl, I love shiny things. This charger plate from Pier 1 is so pretty, and can also be used again for Christmas!


I'm a very simple person when it comes to my dinnerware. I don't like prints or any out-there colors. We got this dinnerware from Crate and Barrel for our wedding and I love it. There is also matching serving ware so it's perfect for entertaining! You can also purchase all the pieces individually in case one cracks or chips.

I'm a huge fan of mini pumpkins and i think they are adorable to use as decoration for Friendsgiving. These mini pumpkin places cards by Vicky Barone are the cutest!


This time of year always has me feeling very crafty, and I have a couple white pumpkins that are still in great shape after Halloween that I'm not ready to get rid of. This DIY pumpkin vase from Martha Stewart is the perfect way to reuse those old pumpkins and they will be great as centerpieces along with some white candles on my table! 

FOOD
If there is one thing my friends and I are good at, it's making WAY. TOO. MUCH. FOOD. But I'm not mad at it, because I love food. Preparing a bunch of different appetizers and setting out a spread is one of my favorite parts of party planning. Here are a few great-tasting appetizer recipes for a holiday party:





... Someone give me a bib. Seriously drooling over here.

DRINKS 
I LOVE themed drinks. It's so much fun to have a specialty cocktail at a themed party. There are so many fun concoctions out there. Here are a few that would fit right in for Friendsgiving:





Our night is always made complete with fun games like Catchphrase, Scattegories or Cards Against Humanity. It's always so nice to just be at home with friends and family. What is your favorite part about the holiday season? Let me know in the comments below!



Now on:
Instagram: @theblondestyleblog
Twitter: @blondestyleblog
Pinterest: @theblondestyle

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I'm hosting Friendsgiving and was in serious need of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! Have a great Friendsgiving!! :)

      Delete