Monday, February 1, 2016

first of the month faves // february

Welcome to the second month of 2016! I don't know about you, but January flew by for me. Shocking, because I had absolutely nothing going on. Besides going to work, I think I left the house four times total... It's too cold outside! February will be a different story though. In just two days I'm heading to Miami to celebrate one of my best friend's bachelorette party... I'm so looking forward to some fun in the (warm) sun! Without further ado... Here's February's first of the month faves!

1. GRAY MALIN

To start off, here's some artwork that's giving me some serious warm weather vibes. I'm currently trying to up my artwork game, and this photographer just does it for me. How could you not be happy when you have sunny, beachy artwork to look at every day? Here's a peek at some of his work:

from left to right:
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6

2. VALENTINE'S DAY DRESSES

You can read all about my love for Valentine's Day in this post here, but to sum it up: I'm a lover. A lot of people think Valentine's Day is cheesy, but I'm all about it. We get so wrapped up in life that sometimes we forget to just sit back and enjoy the love we have, not only for our significant others but for any of the special people in our lives. When I was a kid my mom would always have Valentine's Day presents for us, and it's just nice to have someone make you feel special, and I think that's what Valentine's Day is meant for. And I love to be festive, so of course I've compiled a few pink and red dresses to wear for your Valentine's night out!

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12

You can also check out my Valentine's Day gift guide for him here, and for her here!

3. PINK HOT CHOCOLATE

{photo courtesy of the kipi blog}

Um, say what?! Pink hot chocolate?! Sign me up! I know I'm trying to cut back on my sugar and dairy intake, but for this, I can make an exception. Seriously, how adorable is this? If you have kiddos, this would be the perfect Valentine's Day treat. Since I'm still a kid at heart, I'm thinking I'm going to have to indulge on this for Valentine's Day as well. Here's the recipe:

Pink Hot Chocolate
INGREDIENTS:
Ghiradelli's White Chocolate Bar (for baking type)
Milk
Red Food Coloring (liquid)
Vanilla (optional)
Cinnamon (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
Break the white chocolate bar into pieces and place into a small sauce pan. Add about 2 cups of milk (more or less depending on how thick you'd like it) and turn on the stove to low.
If desired, sprinkle cinnamon and a teaspoon of vanilla for more flavor. 
Stir continuously until it begins to simmer. Turn off the heat and add red food coloring until you reach the desired pink color you'd like.
Pour into your favorite mugs and top with whip cream or marshmallows if you'd like!

Also, you guys have to check out The Kipi Blog and her Instagram @creativekipi. It is the prettiest website and IG I have ever seen in my life!

4. ADELE CARPOOL KARAOKE (WITH JAMES CORDEN)


Ok, I know I'm a little late on this, but this was literally one of the most amazing 13 minutes of my life. James Corden is hilarious, and Adele is all around one of the coolest human beings on this earth. If you haven't seen this, watch it. If you have seen it, watch it again. I want to drink with her, and not just because she gives out free concert tickets when she's drunk.

5. SNEAKERS

Anyone else getting serious 90s flashbacks? Stylish sneakers have made a big comeback, and you can see them worn with pretty much anything these days. I love my heels, but I'm all about this more comfortable option. See some of my fave sneakers below:

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8

Be sure to check back for some fun Miami posts, plus how I'm going to prepare for our next trip to Hawaii! Thanks for reading!

Instagram: @theblondestyleblog
Twitter: @blondestyleblog
Pinterest: @theblondestyle
You can also subscribe to get TBSB straight to your inbox! Just enter your email in the subscribe box to the right of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment