Tuesday, March 1, 2016

first of the month faves // march

I always love when March comes around because that means that spring is almost here! Usually around mid-March the weather starts getting beautiful here in the Midwest. We have already been having some gorgeous days in the past couple of weeks. I'm also excited, because in exactly one week we leave for our Hawaiian vacation! 

I love a change in the seasons because that means new fashion out in the stores. You can read about one of my favorite spring trends here, but here's another to start off my First of the Month Faves:


1. SADDLE BAGS

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6

Thanks to ChloĆ©, the saddle bag has become a popular purse choice. But not everyone has over a grand to spend on a bag, so I found a few much more affordable options. I just love the shape and size of these bags, and you can never go wrong with a crossbody in my opinion. 

2. LAKE STREET DIVE

{photo courtesy of lakestreetdive.com}
If you don't know, now you know. My sister introduced me to Lake Street Dive with this video, and ever since then I can't stop listening to them. They just came out with a new CD titled Side Pony, and it rocks my world. Plus, the girl who plays the bass is a former classmate of mine! Check them out on iTunes or lakestreetdive.com

3. ST. PATRICK'S DAY THEMED COCKTAILS

We all know by now that when it comes to themed cocktails, I'm down. And where better to look for a themed cocktail than over on one of my fave boozy blogs formally known as 5 O'clock Fashionistas, now known as Mixplorology. I knew for sure I would find an impressive and delicious concoction over there. Since I'm not a fan of Bailey's or mint anything, it's hard for me to find a fun themed drink for St. Patty's Day, so this one is perfect, especially since I will be spending this holiday in Hawaii this year! 

{photo courtesy of Mixplorology}
Leprechaun Kiss // Midori + Malibu Rum + Pineapple Juice + Champagne
1 shot Midori (Melon Liqueur)
1 shot Malibu Rum 
6 shots Pineapple Juice
Splash of Champagne
Mix, and enjoy (preferably in a green mason jar with a fancy green straw as pictured above because HOW CUTE?!)

4. MADE BY GIRL ART

{photo courtesy of Made By Girl}

As I said in last month's post, I'm trying to up my artwork game. I asked my best friend's daughter to make me a water color painting and it turned out perfect. But I want more, and this simple painting from Made By Girl is perfect. I found her on Instagram @madebygirl, and you can see more of her artwork at madebygirl.com

5. OVERALLS

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

I plan to do a whole post about 90s trends that are making their way back into fashion, but I want to highlight one: overalls. Look through any of my childhood albums and you can bet I was wearing a pair of overalls in almost every one from age 9-14. I know I'm not 12 anymore, but I'm still cool, and I can rock a pair of overalls if I want. Plus, I'm one of those people that thinks the 90s was only 10 years ago so by that math, I'm still in my twenties. 

Stay tuned for some Hawaii posts, and be sure to check out what's in my bag here! Thanks for reading!

Instagram: @theblondestyleblog
Twitter: @blondestyleblog
Pinterest: @theblondestyle
Snapchat: stephmcclure
You can also subscribe to get TBSB straight to your inbox! Just enter your email in the subscribe box to the right of this post!

1 comment: